- With the Lightning 100 Prince delivers a formidable weapon reminiscent of its bestselling Thunder series from the late 90s.
- At just under 11 ounces, this stick is light and explosive – but make no mistake, this racquet is no lightweight.
- The head heavy balance and Triple Threat reinforcement at 10 & 2 not only gives it an impressive level of stability, but it puts extra mass behind the ball for easy power and penetrating depth.
- With its firm tapered beam, the stringbed feels wonderfully even and lively. There is little power loss off-centre and no ‘noodley’ vibration on balls struck in the upper hoop.
- For all its firmness though, the Lightning offers a comfortably smooth ride. This is partly because of its time-tested Sweetspot Expansion System, a grommet technology that enables the strings to soak up more vibration and provide a more generous and forgiving hitting surface.
- From the baseline depth comes very easy for a racquet with a relatively compact 100 square inch head size. Players with longer strokes will be rewarded with blistering pace.
- The open 16×19 string pattern supplies the needed bite for bringing the ball down with spin. At net the comfortably firm feel makes hitting block volleys a pleasure – and the head heavy balance keeps the racquet steady and powerful.
- Finally, the combination of speed, power and accuracy is perfect for those looking to serve aggressively.
- Prince has dipped in the archives for this one, calling up some of its most popular and proven technologies. Intermediates looking for speed, power and stability are encouraged to add this one to their demo list.